Would you like a quick hack to feeling good? Perform a random act of kindness. You won’t believe how amazing it feels to help others out. Feeling happy not only boosts your mood but can improve your productivity! Research shows that being kind to people makes you happier over time. And the feeling of happiness releases a hormone called oxytocin which reduces blood pressure (a real bonus if you’re striving towards healthy living).
So our tip for this Tuesday would be: start your morning off with one of our suggestions below and you’ll be guaranteed a mentally powerful and feel good day.
A few random acts of kindness you can tick off today:
1. Compliment your spouse or family member
2. Smile and greet your colleagues
3. Before making yourself a cup of coffee, see if there’s anybody else interested in one
4. We all have unused or old clothes collecting in our cupboard, drop them off at a hospice or shelter on the way to work
5. Message an old friend or make a positive comment on a friend’s Facebook photo.
6. See that piece of rubbish in front of the parking space? Or that cooldrink can against the fence? Pick it up and throw it away.
7. Pay it forward if you can afford it.
8. The rest is up to you.
Remember, kindness is contagious. By doing good and showing a helping hand, you are likely to leave people smiling. Perhaps those smiles will create a ripple that leads to further kindness down the line. (Download the Random Acts of Kindness Calendar for 2019).
“Life is mostly froth and bubble,
Two things stand like stone.
Kindness in another’s trouble,
Courage in your own.” – Adam Lindsay Gordon
Random Acts of Kindness Calendar
Need more inspiration for December? Here is a calendar with day-to-day suggestions on how to be kind. Print it out and see how far you get. I challenge you.
We would love to hear what you did this week as an act of kindness. Post your stories in the comments below. Keep spreading happiness!
With love, The Saltbox #TuesdayTips